ClickNET treats the privacy of individuals and businesses with the highest importance and in
accordance with global standards. Following content explains how we preserve and safe
guard our customers’ privacy either when visiting or communicating with our sites and
A detailed explanation of how we may store or otherwise use personal information about you
information to provide, maintain, protect, improve our services, develop new solutions and
also protect the rights or property of ClickNET, our customers and our partners.
We may collect the following types of information
Information you provide when you sign-up or sign-in to the ClickNET web and mobile portals, we may ask you for personal information, specifically:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
We may provide visitors to our portals the opportunity to communicate with us through newsletters, promotions and customer services functions. You may opt-in / opt-out of such communications by emailing us at email@example.com
, by replying to any email we send you or by visiting certain locations on our portals.
We may combine the information with other ClickNET services or third parties in order to improve quality of service and customer experience.
– When you access ClickNET solutions via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with our web site, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
– When you send email or other communications to ClickNET, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our solutions and services. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our solutions and services.
– ClickNET portals provide business intelligent application services through the use of location-based services. Such application services provide geo-independent business enablement. Location sharing services are only enabled with consent from all parties involved (individuals and business entities). Portals provide user-friendly interfaces, permissions and notifications to enable / disable location sharing services.
ClickNET only shares personal and client information with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- We require your opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We assess a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to
satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof,
detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or
protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of, its customers and its partners as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use ClickNET portals, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may ask customers to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the integrity of the system and its users, privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required.